I found an easy and convinient way for checking the status of your pc.
- Go to https://github.com/vrdse/MeltdownSpectreReport
- Download or clone the repository Download link
- Open powershell
- Drap and drop MeltdownSpectreReport.ps1 into the powershell window
- Or go the the directory with the ps1 script and enter .\MeltdownSpectreReport.ps1
If you have a lot of False returns, as i have, the protection is not there. Be careful. A detailed explanation how to interpret the results can be found here https://github.com/vrdse/MeltdownSpectreReport.
- Go to https://github.com/speed47/spectre-meltdown-checker
- Download or clone (Download link)
- unzip master.zip, if downloaded
- open terminal
- go into directory with spectre-meltdown-checker.sh
- run the script as root: sudo ./spectre-meltdown-checker.sh
Example output (taken from github)
A detailed explanation of the results can be found here: https://github.com/speed47/spectre-meltdown-checker.