Assuming that you have 500 SP with a 100% vote worth $ 0.14. This results in 9.8 $ per week, when voting 10 times a day. You could then receive:
- 4.9 SBD and 1.26 SP (20.60 US$) each week, if you upvote every 2.4h your own comment,
- 3.7 SBD (12.12 US$) each week, if you sell your vote at https://smartsteem.com/,
- 3.84 SBD (12.57 US$) each week, if you sell your vote at https://www.minnowbooster.net/,
- 3 Steem (11.64 US$) each week, if you delegate your SP on the market at https://www.minnowbooster.net/,
- up to 1 Steem (3.88 US$) if you vote for maximum curation award per week. 1 Steem is already hard to reach.
When is active curation more worth than self voting?
S1 is the Steem price in US$ and
S2 is the SBD price in US$.
4.9 * S2 + 1.26 S1 = 4.9*3.27 + 1.26*3.88 US$ = 20.60 US$
The 4.9 SBD for self-voting is scaled with
S1/3.88*S2, where 3.88 is the current Steem price. The 1.26 SP is not scaled. Curation is more worth than self-voting when the inequality is true:
S1 > 4.9 * (S1/3.88)*S2 + 1.26*S1
As this inequality is never true, self-voting will always win. This is not good for the platform. It is not a solution to forbid or punish self-voting, as such measures can be passed over by cross-voting with two accounts.
So I think that the reward split should be changed, such that curation can be more worth than self-voting.
For example, when the reward split is fixed to 66% SBD and 33% SP payout:
S1 > 6.53 * (S1/3.88)*S2 + 0.84*S1
and the SBD price is below 1.19 US$, manual curation can be more rewarding than self-voting.
What do you think?