steempy is a CLI tool from steem-python, in order to prevent confusion, I renamed my python library to beem. A beam maschine is a special steam engine which utilizes a metal beam. Therefore, beem is a good name for a python library for Steem.
beem is a python library for Steem and uses python-graphenelib from @xeroc. python-graphenelib has a dependency to pcrytodome, which is incompatible to the old and un-maintained pycryto which is used by steem-python. Therefore,
pip install beem will break some functions of steem-python, as pycryto is replaced by pycrytodome.
beem is compatible to python 3.5 and upwards. At the moments, all unit tests passed for python 3.5 and 3.6 for linux, OSX and windows. As soon as python-graphenelib is compatible to python 2.7, I will add compatiblity for python 2.7.
I commited a PR to python-steem: https://github.com/steemit/steem-python/pull/146 in order to fix this.
You can install beem on an Android mobile using Termux. You can learn here how to setup termux.
pkg install clang openssl-dev python python-dev
- Coverage could improved to 73%!
- Improved Doku
- Missing features added
- More unit tests
- Library renamed to beem
- ExchangeRate, Beneficiary, Beneficiaries, CommentOptionExtensions, Transfer_to_vesting, Withdraw_vesting, Account_witness_vote, Comment, Custom_json, Comment_options, Feed_publish, Convert, Set_withdraw_vesting_route, Limit_order_cancel, Delegate_vesting_shares, Limit_order_create, Transfer_from_savings, Cancel_transfer_from_savings, Claim_reward_balance, Transfer_to_savings added
- Unit tests added
- reputation added
- history improved and fixed
- ops and ops_statistics added
- function-names improved
- ops_statistics added
- json export added
- follow and account by key api added and fixed
- more nodes added
- Helpfunctions added
- refresh fixed
- purgeWallet added
- printAsTable function added
- WitnessesVotedByAccount added
- WitnessesRankedByVote added
- WitnessesByIds added
- LookupWitnesses added
- register_apis fixed
- unit tests added
- unittests added
Did you try my new library yet? Please give me feedback!
Posted on Utopian.io - Rewarding Open Source Contributors